Friday, April 28, 2006

Snow and Sleet did not stop me from running

Yep, I woke up 3:45 am and ran while it was snowing on April 24. I think I was the only person outside running in the whole of Reykjavik. I completed my run and took a flight to Copenhagen on business. I have been sticking to schedule and have been running every other day. On April 26, it was a clear day until I was half way into my run then it started sleeting... after a while the sleet stings your face, but I completed my run as planned.

I ordered a toy to help me in my running, It is the Garmin Forerunner 305. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of it so that I can track, measure and improve on my running. So far I should say I have been pretty disciplined on the plan, I hope to keep with it.

My goal is to run the marathon in 4 hours, which means that I need to run 6.5 miles in an hour. I think I am running at the rate of about 5 miles an hour, so I need to improve considerably I just hope I have enough time to do that... the marathon is on August 19, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment