Monday, October 1, 2007

Berlin Marathon 4:04:20!

It was incredible & unforgettable! running the last km and seeing the Brendenburg Gate and more than 10,000 people cheering... I was very happy and delighted to have completed the berlin marathon and acheive my personal best.


To put things in perspective I have run 5 marathons in the last 13 months and I don´t recommend doing this! It has been one heck of an experience to learn about myself and my limits. I have promised my wife that I will concentrate on doing maybe one or two marathons a year from now on!


I accomplished one of the goals of beating my personal best, here is the official result. I was impressed with the result certificate. Here is the split up of my time and average pace:




I was quite impressed with the organization and the event management. There were 40000+ runners and everything went very smoothly atleast for me and our team from Iceland.


Haile Gebrselassie broke the world record at 2:04:26, what an incredible acheivement!!! I can tell from running 5 marathons, every second improvement is an accomplishments and he shattered the world record by more than 29 seconds.


Everyone from my running group did very well, Villi and Joi my buddies did great! Villi completed the marathon in 3:24:24 and Joi in 3:37:40. I am very proud to have been running with them and to see them accomplish their goals. It was Joi´s personal best.

No comments:

Post a Comment