Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Midnight Run - 10k PB 46:03


Reykjavik Marathon Association organized a Midnight run (starts at around 10pm) yesterday. I ran the 10k race and finished it in 46 minutes and 3 seconds. Here is the official result. This is my personal best in a 10k race and I improved on my previous best by 4 minutes! It is an amazing feeling to really see improvement after training really hard. I feel that I could have pushed myself a little harder in a couple of laps but I guess that is how you feel after every run... maybe thats what keeps us going.

Strategy during the run
I had a simple strategy to run as hard as I can for a lap (I have my Garmin, set for autolap on every 1 km) and try to keep it under 5 min/lap. It is amazing when you can set a goal and threshold... here are the splits:


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment