Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Running Goals

I have set some personal goals related to my running:

1. Register and run Chicago Marathon and New York Marathon
2. Qualify for Boston Marathon
3. Compete in Iron Man in 2012

I think all the goals are acheivable, if I am going to put in the work.

So, what are the challenges?
I need to improve my Marathon time by over 45 minutes to qualify for Boston
I need to learn swimming as I can barely survive in the water

Plans
I am running Chicago Marathon this october, and my goal there is to see how far I can push myself towards qualifying for Boston. In order to increase my time I am planning to do a lot more track runs. The plan is to start to do some track work today, I am going to run 3x800 at a pace of about 3 min 20 sec as recommended by Yasso below.

No comments:

Post a Comment